Although electric and gas are probably easier to operate and use, the charcoal flavor is what they cannot produce. In addition, charcoal grills overall are a lot more affordable than other fueled units.
The choices that you can find can seem endless at times because of the different price ranges and features. Here we are only talking about units that are less than $500. There are many brands to choose from and you really can’t go wrong with a lot of the top well-known brands.
Weber 15507001 Performer Charcoal Grill
An awesome choice to get your grillin on can be found in the Weber 15507001 Performer Charcoal Grill. This 22 inch unit is a great choice and is highly rated.
Some of the key features include a 22 inch porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inches. It has an electric gas Touch-N-Go gas ignition system along with an aluminum steel one touch cleaning system and LCD cook timer.
Smoke Hollow 3500 4-in-1 3 Burner Gas Charcoal Grill
A really great unit that you can fall in love with can be found in the Smoke Hollow 3500 4-in1 Combination Gas Charcoal Grill. This smoker grill can be an excellent way to have fun with some great food in your yard.
It has a total cooking area of 860 square inches and provides 34,200 BTU's and 9300 BTU's for the side burner. There is a temperature gauge and porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grids with side smoker and front door access.
Kingsford GR1031-014984 Barrel Charcoal Grill
Another excellent choice with this price range can be found in the Kingsford GR1031-014984 Charcoal Grill. So if you are looking for a 30 inch grill that can get the job done, this just might be the one.
This unit is made with sturdy heavy duty construction and features cast iron cooking grates and a side shelve and storage on the bottom. There is also a thermometer for temperature control as well as wheels so that you can move it around.
Best Selling Charcoal Grills on Amazon
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press
- One-Touch cleaning system provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- Holds up to six burgers made with a Weber burger press
- Compact and lightweight for grilling on the go
- Holds up to 13 burgers made with a Weber burger press; Built-in lid thermometer
- One-Touch cleaning system with high-capacity ash catcher provides hassle-free ash cleanup
- 22-inch diameter porcelain-enameled bowl and lid with a cooking area of 363 square inch
- Electronic Touch-N-Go gas ignition system
- 153 Square inch primary cooking area with cast iron grates
- Kamado style grills promote even heating to enhance flavor